Saturday, July 3, 2010

Ice Cream Bar

I think serving ice cream to 400+ guests in 2 hours could be really tricky; especially if you don't have a deep freezer on site at the church or gym. If your heart is set on doing the ice cream bar, here are some ideas I've found.
----------
You can pre-scoop the ice cream and freeze on cookie sheets of wax paper. Once they're frozen solid, you can store them in gallon zip lock bags. (And I decided that the ice bowls I was telling you about were a bad idea)
You can rent ice cream bowls similar to these, for $0.50 to $0.60 a piece.
We have lots of these glass vases you could use to serve toppings with.
Here's a way to "dress up" the big gallons of ice cream, by covering them in foil and keeping cool in a bowl of ice
Here's a way to serve the sauces in

If you don't want to rent ice cream bowls, I found these disposable bowls on this website:
www.gelatomarket.com
Only problem is, they only sell in bulk.
-----------
1000 cups for $65
1000 cups for $80
I'll keep looking for different bowls if you decide on just the ice cream bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment